Question PC1 to PC2 txtbox.text and video triggering...

funluvincrim

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi, bit of a newb (first post!)
Have created a few stand alone projects but nothing major... Using a trial of VB Studio 2010 (.net 4)
Could anyone help me with any of these 3?... (they are inter-related)

a) I have two networked pc's ("PC1" and "PC2") with a solution on each which has a "textbox" and a "send" button. Just want to type "hello" in textbox on PC1 then hit send and it appears in PC2 textbox so that I can base if statements etc. on it.

Ideally something like:
//PC2.App2.textbox2.text = textbox1.text
on a button would be perfect but i'm guessing that's far too simple.:rolleyes:

b) Video Triggering over network - pretty well sames as above, just want to hit button1 on PC1 and it plays "1.wmv" in "axwindowsmediaplayer1" on "PC2".

c) How can I play a .mov/vob/avi/mpg/flv in an "axwindowmediaplayer1" ? if not possible how do I go about playing videos of all types in my programs?

Many Thanks,
Ali
:confused:

Please HELP!! vb to vb over LAN....

I Just want to pass the ".text" from a textbox in a vb app on one pc into a textbox in another vb app on another pc somewhere on the LAN?
(A LAN that doesn't have internet access?....)

BEEN TRYING TO FIND THIS CODE FOR TWO DAYS AND IT IS KILLING ME! you'd think it'd be simple, because to do it on a single ap it's really simple, you can just:

VB.NET:
textbox2.text = textbox1.text

however when textbox 2 is on a different pc/program it all becomes much more difficult for a newb like me !....
What I should be researching/learning about to do this? (Sockets? - all seems a bit over complex for something so simple) OR (ideally) is there a simple line of code to do this like the one above??? (e.g maybe something like the line below)

VB.NET:
\\PC2.appVB_AP2.textbox2.text = me.textbox1.text

Back