Objects for Excel

FreakBoy

Programming Experience
Beginner
Don't get me wrong, my adventures in Visual Basic started in the VBE in Excel, but I find that for obvious reasons Visual Studio 2005 is faster.

I'm hoping that I don't need to beg my employer to purchase the VSTO to do what I want to do.

I would like to be able to create classes in VS2005 and then use them in the Excel VBE. Every time I have attempted to compile even the simplest of classes into a DLL Excel has a hissy fit and says that it cannot use the DLL.

Please, oh please, tell me that I'm just an ignorant beginner programmer and that I'm leaving something out of my class library project that makes them visible to Excel.

The majority of the users in our company I'll be handing these objects to are using Excel 2000 and 2003 (depending) and a handful of the big-wigs have 2007.

Help? Please?

That did it!

Quick question though.

Are the GUID numbers just randomly generated, or do you need to select the const for which you're making it?

They are random, you can generate with guidgen.exe a tool found somewhere in the Visual Studio folders (or from Tools menu with some versions). It also says this in note (2) in article.

Thats what I was thinking. I found the tool and used it all successfully. Thank you so much. I couldn't find that article for the life of me and this will speed up my development SO MUCH.

WOO!

Back