.NET Instant Messenger Test

Topclass

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi

For my university final year project i have been developing a instant messaging application based on the .net 1.1 framework.

I would be very greatful if some people would give this application a quick 5 or 10 minute test for me and provide some feedback which i can uses in my project write-up.

you can get the application from http://messenger.deansstuff.co.uk and there is also a quick set-up guide and feedback form on there which you can use. (well i would prefer it really if people did use that feedback form anyway).

Again any feedback given would be of great help even if its to say its broken in many places (its still a prototype so quite possibly)

Thanks

Screen Shots: http://messenger.deansstuff.co.uk/screenshots.php

Client%20Contact%20List.png

People interested in participating may want to know that source code is not available.

(JohnH) Sorry the source code is not avalible yet but i cant really afford to risk releasing months of coding work until the project has been summited. I may release it afterwards thou but this is also my first attempt at using object orientation with vb.net so i can tell you its not pretty.

(ManicCW) You have a point about the database being a problem because of office.

only problem is i have used the database for keeping track of connects and user status so that it would not use tonnes of memory (even thou it still uses lots because of the framework)

also as i have said its only really been developed for my university project and i dont really have any intension of adapting it into anything usful at this point.

Quick Note:

could you people who have given it a try quickly fill in the feebcak form thats on the site because im in desperate need of this information right now.

Thanks

Sorry about that.

Thats not a bug at all :D its just that i never got round to implementing that part and forgot to take out the option from the servers list.

Thanks for reminding me about that :D

again. please please please use the feedback page. I recieved one blank form and thats it. I only have 5 feedback form in total which is not looking good for me at all right now.

Sorry if it seems like im nagging but project is due in the next couple of weeks and the testing section needs to be done quite soon.

Back