.Net Framework Information Needed

rochak

Programming Experience
Beginner
Guys,

This is like kind of urgent. I got a call from a company that I have an interview day after tmr. The position is technical and the company is in the banking industry. Just wondering if you guys could point out certain parts of the .net framework or questions, which the banking/financial companies might want me to know? :confused:

Thanks...

Hmm, well if it has to do with databases make sure you know your ADO.NET stuff and what are the differences with ADO 2.x.

Windows Forms, web apps, ASP.NET, new stuff in .NET 2.0, databinding, SQL, Encryption (RSA etc).

Those are only a few.

rochak, it sounds to me like you may find yourself a little out of your depth in this interview if you are having to ask that question. Surely if you have presented them with a C.V they will already know your capabilities with regards to your programming. A banking company could literally use all of the Framework depending on what department you will be working in. I don't want to worry you here, but didn't the position state what knowledge in the advertisment?

I have changed the title of your post to something a bit more meaningful, and i'm sorry to sound harsh but this forum is really more for people with problems they have encountered whilst programming with vb.net not interviewing techniques. I doubt that anyone here could accurately advise you on you request. I am willing to keep this thread open, however if this thread goes too far of the topic of programming with vb.net i may have to close it.

Thanks both of you. And sorry vis for posting in this site with the question. Was just too nervous yesterday to look for the right forum.

No, I don't know what the postition is actually so I might have to go by with what asbouist mentioned.

Btw, does ADO.NET 2.0 have certain techniques for providing transactions and rollbacks?

Thanks!

Back