.NET books... which do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukndoit

Programming Experience
3-5
Hello, I have been programming for about 8 years now, but have only used Perl, PHP and MySQL on Linux servers... it is time for me to expand my knowledge into .NET

I have never seen code in .NET before, at least if i have, I would not recognize it.

Therefore, can you please tell me the best books to get to teach myself this language? Also I will need to use Databases, that are super fast and have a lot of scalability, I assume Oracle is the best, but what do you think? What books can help me learn to integrate these two programming methods together?

Thank you very much for any assistance you can be.
Richard

Re: Books

Ok, instead of asking for you to name some books, here are the ones I am looking at purchasing, can you just comment on these if you know of them and tell me if it is worth getting?

1. Introducing Microsoft .Net, Third Edition - David S. Platt; Paperback
  2. Understanding .NET (2nd Edition) (Independent Technology Guides) - David Chappell; Paperback
  3. Programming Microsoft .NET - Jeff Prosise; Hardcover
  4. Microsoft .NET for Programmers - Fergal Grimes; Paperback
  5. Applied Microsoft .NET Framework Programming - Jeffrey Richter; Paperback
  6. Beginning ASP.NET 3.5 in C# 2008: From Novice to Professional, Second Edition (Beginning: from Novice to Professional) - Matthew MacDonald; Paperback
  7. Pro ASP.NET 3.5 in C# 2008, Second Edition - Matthew MacDonald; Paperback
  8. ASP.NET AJAX in Action - Alessandro Gallo; Paperback
  9. Pro C# 2008 and the .NET 3.5 Platform, Fourth Edition (Pro Series) - Andrew Troelsen; Hardcover
  10. Beginning C# 2008 Databases: From Novice to Professional (Beginning from Novice to Professional) - Vidya Vrat Agarwal; Paperback
  11. Beginning SQL Server 2008 for Developers: From Novice to Professional (Beginning from Novice to Professional) - Robin Dewson; Paperback

Those are the books I am looking at and have found available on Amazon, any ideas on how worthwhile they are?

Thank you for any advice you have on any of these.
Richard

You can't expect VB.Net programmers like us to comment on C# books. Welcome to VB.Net Forums... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back