How to change mind from VB 6 to VB .Net

klari

Programming Experience
5-10
I am using Classic VB 6.0 for last 10 years and I am very pretty with this language.

For last 6 months I am trying to learn .Net languages to develop my new projects in VB .Net or C#. Actually I have read many books, sources about these languages and got an overall idea about coding, winforms, OOPs, advantages of .Net framework, etc. I understand all examples given in books and I do these examples and sample codes perfectly.

Now the problem I face is I can't start a project using VB .Net or C#. Whenever I think about a project my mind directly goes to the classic system, ie. procedure oriented programming that I am familiar with for a long time in VB 6. I don't know how to start a project in VB .Net, from where I could begin an OOP coding and how I can do a project in OOP.

So anybody can recommend me any step by step guidelines to start a project in .Net languages

Hi,

That sounds like one heck of a contradictory post? If you have been programming for 10 years in VB6 and have spent the past 6 months completing various examples in VB.NET from various books then surely you would know how to begin a new project and start programming in VB.NET?

Maybe you want to start here, with a post added by one of the forum experts yesterday.

http://www.vbdotnetforums.com/vs-ne...esh-datagrid-every-30-seconds.html#post151937

Scroll to the bottom of the thread for the suggested link.

Cheers,

Ian

Back