Need Help With Cash Dispenser Project

woodensnail

Programming Experience
Beginner
I'm trying to help a friend whos having trouble with a project. She needs to create a form that simulates a cash point dispenser. A customer should be able to enter an account id and associated pin via a numeric keypad. the program should check to see if the account is valid and the account pin matches. If so the customer should be presented with a screen that allowes her to check the account balance, make a withdrawal or change the pin. If the account id is invalid the customer should be informed of an error reading card. If the account id is valid and the pin doesn't match the customer should be given two chances to enter the correct pin. If the pin is entered incorrectly on both chances the account should automatically be blocked. along with this she need to create a visual studio solution that allows managers to log in by entering a manager id and matching password. If the login is successful, a manager is presented with a screen that allows him to add new customers, add new accounts for existing customers and also block accounts. any help would be welcome.

You posted that before as a homework problem I believe.

This is a fair-size project that requests a database implementation and quite a few lines of code...

p.s First post? sounds like a scam to me.

The idea of this forum is that you tell us what you're having issues with and we try to help out. To just post your project specs and expect us to tell you how to do it is just way too much. You haven't given any indication that you've any start or put any thought into it at all. Not to say that you haven't, but if you have then you should tell us what direction you're heading and ask for SPECIFIC advice on SPECIFIC issues. If you want help with the overall design then ask for help with the overall design, but tell us what you've already done yourself.

Actually, i'm sure I remember this question being asked recently.. It was quite amusing a while back on codeguru, when Java was one of the commonly used mediums for OO teaching, I noticed there would be a rash of questions discussing broadly similar topics at certain points through the year. Checking the IP addresses of the posters found them all to be from the same range of some american university. I declined to help those who wanted me to do their homework, but was more than willing to show the same enthusiasm for a student that I perceived the student felt for the project

All in, theres a simple rule for online forums:

In answering a question I try to spend the same amount of time writing my answer as I felt the OP spent asking it.. There sure aint much of a 3 week homework I can get done in 2 minutes 37, I'm sure..

Back