Question Multi Column Combo Box Suggestions

dsk96m

Programming Experience
1-3
I hate how multi column combo boxes has disappeared. Anyway, I found a control that I like and I have used, but it was designed for .net framework 1.1 or 2. I need to be able to use it in .net framework 4 client.

It is over at codeproject: Flat-MultiColumn Combobox with Autocomplete - CodeProject. I have also attached it. Can someone help me get this working or know of another control that someone has created that works. I do not want to reinvent the wheel. I know so many people look for this, I just cant find one that works. There are controls you can buy, but I am not spending money when there are many free options out there.

Let me know if you guys have any ideas or could help.

Attachments

• MultiColumnFlatCombo_src.zip
    76.5 KB · Views: 21
Hi,

As it stands, this control cannot be compiled with the .NET4 Client Profile Framework since it uses objects which are not available within the Client Profile of the .NET4 Framework. I can upload a full .NET4 Framework solution if that helps?

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ian

Is there anything in particular that isn't working in .NET 4.0? In theory, while it may not be optimal, you should simply be able to copy the code into a .NET 4.0 project, compile and Robert's your aunty's husband.

Hi jmcilhinney,

The conversion is fine to the full .NET4 Framework. It's the Client Profile side which does not recognise about 16 or so objects that are used in the code. In addition to that, it's not my code to rewrite, so I am not comfortable trying to do so in respect to the author on Code Project.

Cheers,

Ian

The conversion is fine to the full .NET4 Framework. It's the Client Profile side which does not recognise about 16 or so objects that are used in the code.
When the OP said ".net framework 4 client" I took that to mean a client application rather than against the Client Profile. I guess if we all use the proper names rather than approximations then confusion like this can be avoided.

AWESOME. Thank you so much. I got use to using this control and didnt want to have to pay for one. Again thank you.

Now that I get deeper into my application, this control might not work, not very good with data binding. Might need to find an alternative

Back