Modeless form problem

Programming Experience
5-10
I have a data acquisition application that draws X vs. Y graphs of analog voltages in real time. I use modeless forms because data is displayed on 3 different windows and the user must be able to freely switch from one to the other. After creating a modeless form I assign the background to a graphics object upon which I draw my graphs. That all works wonderfully. The problem is that when I run a second iteration of the data acquisition test, I can't get the program to draw on the forms. I tried re-initializing the forms and re-instantiating them, I tried clearing them without closing them and every other alternative that I could think of. All I get is a blank screen whenever I try to run a 2nd test (without restarting the program). Any ideas?
(more details) the form and the graphics object are part of a class I created to encapsulate the representation of the widget being tested. Typically I instantiate 3 instances of this class and add each one to a collection to simplify the accommodation of how ever many widgets are being tested at once. Before starting the 2nd iteration, I remove each one from the collection. But whether I close the forms and recreate new ones or try to reuse the form without closing it, I always get a blank screen.

It would be pretty hard to figure out the problem with no knowledge of your code. In which procedures are you doing the drawing (the Paint event is the best place to do GDI+ drawing).

Modeless forms problems

Here is the crucial code. Let me know what clarifications I can make for you. I'm writing a test program for widgets and I think that my requirement to display the incoming data in real time increases the complexity of the program.

Attachments

• ModelessForms.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 46
Back