Mask Inputbox Characters?

Can't do that, but it is easy to create your own dialog form with a Label, two Buttons and a TextBox.

Are you asking how to put a button on a form?

Are you saying that you've never created a form before? I think not. Just design a form with the required controls on it and then when you create an instance you display it by calling ShowDialog instead of Show. Please read the documentation for the ShowDialog method so you understand exactly how to use it. You can use a TextBox and set its PasswordChar property or use a MaskedTextBox, whichever is more appropriate. You can also write a constructor for the class that receives all the parameters necessary to setup the dialogue, like the strings to display in the title bar and perhaps a prompt label.

haha i misunderstoof you, i didn't realize you were talking about a form. I though you meant creating a custom DLL control copying the functions of an inputbox

howester77 said:
haha i misunderstoof you, i didn't realize you were talking about a form. I though you meant creating a custom DLL control copying the functions of an inputbox
You could certainly do that too. Note that InputBox is function, not a form. You pass certain parameters and then internally the function creates a form and places the necessary controls on it based on your parameters. You could quite easily do the same thing yourself and just give your version of the InputBox function more parameters for the additional functionality you want to provide. The MsgBox and MessageBox.Show functions are similar.

Back