link excel to vb.net

xye

Programming Experience
Beginner
If e.g. i use vb.net codes to link to SQL server, is it possible to use Microsoft SQL server to update excel table? Then is it possible using html to get the excel table to vb.net application? Because i want to display the chart(using marco codings) of the excel in vb.net.

Hm, e.g: voting poll. Using voting poll, i need to use SQL server to update the records of voting and is it possible like displaying the results as graph(using excel table to compile the table) and display in the vb.net form or so?

From there, is there any ways/codes to link to the vb.net application? hmm.. i hope you can help me to clarify my doubts.. cos i really need urgent help badly >.< ... Thanks..

*please help*

I don't think it's possible to render an Excel chart inside of a web page. You should investigate charting tools, like ComponentArt.com. If your charts are simple (like bar graphs) you could probably write your own rendering functionality easily using html tables and/or div/spans.

Also, Excel is not designed for server-side applications, so I would avoid doing that if possible. You can run into a lot of robustness problems. You would be better off storing the data in a database and using queries to calculate your graph data etc. Another option would be dumping your data to a temporary XML file when the user requests a chart, then bind that XML data to a chart in your webpage, like a chart from componentart or something.

Back