Resolved Is there somewhere i can download vb .net 2005?

Saeros3

Programming Experience
1-3
i've looked all over xanadu, but i can't find a copy of visual basic .net 2005 express edition... my computer died (not a metaphor or personification; it literally died (it was alive)), so i need to download it again... does anyone know of a site that still offers this program?

Last edited:
hey Robert_Zenz,
thanks for your reply.
the reason i need 2005 is that it's the version that my class at school uses... they're too lazy to update to 2008...

In that case I think you must ask the school or a classmate for a copy, because when MS releases a new Express they remove the download for old version.

As mention you can use VB 2008 and configure projects to compile for .Net 2.0 or 3.0, and keep yourself away from new language features if you must present the code and teacher can't cope.

In that case I think you must ask the school or a classmate for a copy, because when MS releases a new Express they remove the download for old version.

As mention you can use VB 2008 and configure projects to compile for .Net 2.0 or 3.0, and keep yourself away from new language features if you must present the code and teacher can't cope.

yea, i guess so. i'll see if i can get a copy from a friend...

it's probably a stupid question, but if you create a project so that it compiles for .Net 2.0, can you open it in vb 2005? or is there some way to make a project backward compatible with 2005?

in any case, thank you.

yea, i guess so. i'll see if i can get a copy from a friend...

it's probably a stupid question, but if you create a project so that it compiles for .Net 2.0, can you open it in vb 2005? or is there some way to make a project backward compatible with 2005?

in any case, thank you.
You can if you modify the project and solution files to be compliant with VS 2005

But you have to know what you're doing

Back