Question Is the connection of VB 2010 to MS Access 2007 is a default??

Programming Experience
Beginner
I would like to ask if the connection of the VB 2010 to MS Access 2007 is a default or should i input a code to connect them?? :confusion:

Hi,

There are no DEFAULT Data Source connections setup in any edition of VS2010 and any connection that you want to use in your projects has to be Generated by yourself.

To do this, the first thing to do is to open the Server Explorer Window from the View Menu and then Generate a connection to your own database using the Connect To Database option in its Toolbar. Once done, this connection can then be used to add a Typed DataSet to your project using the Data Sources window or you can use the connection string that was generated in this process to connect to your Data Source via code.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ian

can you link me useable site or show me an example of how to link the prog language to a database.. :) thanks

Last edited:
To do this, the first thing to do is to open the Server Explorer Window from the View Menu and then Generate a connection to your own database using the Connect To Database option in its Toolbar. Once done, this connection can then be used to add a Typed DataSet to your project using the Data Sources window or you can use the connection string that was generated in this process to connect to your Data Source via code.

I disagree. There's no need to create a connection yourself in the Server Explorer. Simply run the Data Source wizard and follow the instructions. You can create the connection within the wizard and it will be added to the Server/Database Explorer. There's nothing specifically wrong with your suggestion but, particularly for beginners, doing it all in the wizard is less confusing.

I disagree. There's no need to create a connection yourself in the Server Explorer. Simply run the Data Source wizard and follow the instructions. You can create the connection within the wizard and it will be added to the Server/Database Explorer. There's nothing specifically wrong with your suggestion but, particularly for beginners, doing it all in the wizard is less confusing.
cool.. thanks for this info.. this will really helps a lot..:spiny:

Back