I keep losing Find/Change box

John H.

Programming Experience
Beginner
Lost the Find and Change functions

Not sure if this is the right forum, but . . .

After using VB 2008 Express for many months, suddenly the Find (Cntl F) and change (Cntl H) functions no longer work. If I highlight a series of lines and press Cntl H, both the blue bar at the top of the page and the highlighted area turn light blue as if this page has lost focus. I tried reinstalling VB 2008 Ex., but the problem persists. Any ideas? Thanks.

Never mind. I found that the problem was that somehow the Find/Change dialog box was almost hidden at the bottom of the screen. Don't know how that happened, but I could see just the top pixel or so and was able to drag it up into the screen. Thanks for any efforts.

I don't know why it happens, but my Find/Change box becomes unavailable. By unavailable, I mean that (I think) it gets moved to a location that I can't see. If I go to full-screen mode, there is no problem, but I've tried getting the box in full screen mode and switching modes, hoping it would stay visible, but it didn't. How can I get the box back, and how can I keep this from happening? TIA

Back