Question How to get the howl html document not just the source code ??

zola320

Programming Experience
Beginner
So guys Im now working 5 days on solving this problem. I need to get some inner text from a div witch is not visible in the source code. Someone any idea how to get him? Here is what I have until now

VB.NET:
Dim doc As New HtmlAgilityPack.HtmlDocument
        Dim web As New HtmlWeb

doc = web.Load("http://openbook.etoro.com/[FONT=monospace]ahanit[/FONT]/#/profile/Trades/")

Dim nodes As HtmlNode = doc.GetElementbyId("feed-items")

Dim id As String = nodes.WriteTo()
        TextBox1.Text = TextBox1.Text & vbCrLf & id
Seems the problem is the web.load it returns only the source code ?

Thank youu

Last edited:
It executes, However it depends with the internet settings in the IE at control panel.And @zola320, if you can express your target here in your web url, might express more

The hidden thing is, you cannot retrieve all its content (the dynamic HTML) by the document property.
The webbrowser.document will refer to the initial HTML code and not the subsequent amendment or dynamic HTML rendered by java scripts

Between, if the web site uses such,
you need to go through the frames, iframes objects, domdocument object etc, to use the updated web site with java script.

Last edited:
Thank you guys but seems that somehow uninstalling and installing again vs2010 solved my problems i can know use browser control as before and get the text i need. :) lucky I. Thank you again for all the effort :)

Back