how do i navigate through records?

Programming Experience
Beginner
i have 1 database for 1 student.

1 student has 4 table records

is it possible to display all 4 table records in 1 datagridview by having a "NEXT BUTTON"

when i click the button it display the other records..

i really need this for my thesis in order to graduate.
kindly help me please.

thanks!

It's very unclear what you mean. You say that you have one database for one student. Does that mean that, if you have multiple students, you have multiple databases? That doesn't sound right. Surely you should have one database with a student table and one record in that table for each student. You say that one student has four table records. Does that mean one record in each of four tables or four records in one table? What does this data represent? You say that you want to display the "other" records when you click a button. What other records? More records for the current student, records for a different student or something else?

Please provide a FULL and CLEAR description of exactly what you've got and exactly what you're trying to achieve.

so you mean that

1 database = all student records? is the right one.. thanks for this sir.. ill revise it

ok sir, ahm.. i have 4 tables for one student

each table represents - studnumber, studname, course, year, semester and grades (like 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year, 4th year)

if possible i want to happen is.
it displays the first record(1st year) in my datagrid... by click next button, it will display the second record(2nd year) etc..

I think you need to do some reading on database design. First, absolutely you would have one database for all students. Imagine if you were running a university. You would many thousands of students over time. Would you really want thousands of databases? Of course not. You have a single database with a Student table. That way you can easily search for information about one student based on name, student number or whatever.

Also, you would not have four different tables that each had exactly the same schema for the different years. Nor would you mix student-specific information and course-specific information. You would have a table for each distinct entity. You would have a Student table that information about a student only, e.g. name, student number, etc. You would then have another table for Course, which would contain course-specific information. You would then have a third table, StudentCourse, that would contain a StudentID and a CourseID. This is how you record what student is doing what course. You would have various other tables, including Lecturer, Subject, etc, and they would all be related appropriately by foreign keys. It's these relationships between tables that make a relational database relational.

Please keep each thread to a single topic and each topic to a single thread. You broke both rules by asking a question in this thread that does not relate to the current topic and also that you have already asked in another thread. Not only that, I've already answered it in that other thread. Your previous post has been deleted.

Back