How can I connect to MySQL in pocket pc 2002 using vb .net? Thanks

The connector exposed above will create opening to a mysql database only for standard windows applications.
For Pocket aldo will not, I my self searching for days now in the hope that I will found a method to connect to an external sql server from the pocket pc.
There wouldn't be the solution by active sync or process xml files.
What I really need like the one who opened the topic is to link to this server by server address (IP), user and password (eventualy port of connection).

So the question is:
Is there an connector which can grant this connection from pocket to mysql server?

Well, you were right ... it seems that pocket PC connector is not very interesting for the MySQL team. Probably you will either continue working with the M$ tools (if you already working with) or just find an alternative to i.e. SQLServer CE (probably less powerful ...maybe XML or something :D)

regards ;)

I can't work with M$tools :D, there are not free as I liked to be and all my application past 3 years till now is based on mysql. I need to develop some extra modules for some of them to deploy parts of the application on pocket.

I was afraid about what you sad regarding the mysql team. But I refuse to believe that, and I will try to continue search (till I find a solution, or they will release one in during the search time :) )

Thank you for your fast reply.

if they didn't make it in time soon, they would not have a chance. I've not read anything about possible cooperation between M$ and mySQL team in last time. Maybe You should not wait that much as noone knows when it will happen. Maybe considering an alternative in meantime is good idea anyway.

Regards ;)

'

Back