Help/Advice Developing a VB.Net application with Oracle Backend

krismadair

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hey Guys,

I have just landed a job developing a system in a team for a large organization. I was originally contracted to develop this system in access with sql backend and i completed that and now they realize that they want to develop it and i have been put in a team to assist with the develoment. I no nothing about oracle and little about visual studio .net but i have bought a laptop to teach myself and it is going ok but i have a few questions i need answered.

Q1. If i need to display large amounts of data from the database i am aware i need to use a datagrid but if i am combining multiple tables in the display is it easy to get the data to update?

Q2. Is it easy to setup on a datagrid combo boxes and checkboxes?

Q3. With the data on in the datagrid, it will need to be filtered by about 15 different filters which will be combo boxes on the page, what is the best way to go about this?

Q4. I am going to need to learn Oracle quick smart, what are the stored procedures in Oracle called, what language are they programmed in?

Q5. Microsoft has created a emulated version of sql server, has oracle done the same?

Thank you so much in advance for the advice guys.

Cheers

Kris

Back