Having one button set for refresh and stop

borter

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am making a web browser in visual basic and I am having a bit of trouble finding out how to make a single button do these two things.
Now for more information I am working on a web browser and I plan to have a single button set so that the first time I click it it will refresh the webpage;however, if the web browser is loading I want it to stop refreshing if it is clicked again much like what is in google chrome, firefox, safari etc. I have no idea how to do this and would enjoy any help you all could give me.

You want to do one thing if a condition is true and another if it's false. That's exactly what an If...Else statement, one of the most fundamental constructs in programming, is for. Surely you've learned how to write conditional statements. As for what condition to test, if you read the documentation for the WebBrowser control, it should be fairly easy to find what member to use to determine whether it is currently loading a document or not.

Ok thank you, I will try to find a way around it but I am also wondering if you could answer another related question to this.
On my web browser I am trying to basically make the text box(address bar) glow when I refresh. I can't seem to find a way to make it glow I can only make it a solid color. I am trying to make it glow like the regenerations in doctor who. Do you have any idea if this is even possible in visual basic?

Ok thank you, I will try to find a way around it but I am also wondering if you could answer another related question to this.
On my web browser I am trying to basically make the text box(address bar) glow when I refresh. I can't seem to find a way to make it glow I can only make it a solid color. I am trying to make it glow like the regenerations in doctor who. Do you have any idea if this is even possible in visual basic?
That question is unrelated to the topic of this thread so does not belong here. In future, please keep each thread to a single topic and each topic to a single thread.

It sounds like you'd have use GDI+ to draw some sort of gradient. You should be able to find examples around but it's not something that I've never done before. That said, I'm not sure how easy it is to do inside a TextBox.

Back