GUI Design

ar_pad

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,

I want to design the GUI for VB.NET windows apps somewhat like windows media player design .I don't want to use regular rectangular patterns.

How to design an attractive GUI in VB.NET (VS 2003)?
Any Ideas? If anyone knows related links, kindly share with me.
Thank You!

You can do this loads of different ways. But to simplify things there is a hard way and a not so hard way.

The Not so hard way....

Create all the images/skins ets in a photo editor like PS and jst draw the images onto the form.

The hard way......

Do the whole lot with GDI+

GDI+ as you may know is a set of c++ classes that enable you to do almost limitless stuff with graphics. If you google for GDI+ tutorials then i'm sure there will be loads of links on how to get started. But if you need any help with it at all, don't hesitate to ask as i've had a lot of experience with this area of the framework and would be happy to help.

What about designing the whole thing in flash and then run it as shockwave object from a vb.net form with fscommands.

Is there any guidelines you know of out there of readymade flash interface gui templates ?

Hi,

Thks for ur response.

If i do the image in photoshop, just i can add the image as a backgrond image . Right? What abt round buttons and labels..?

GDI+ ---> i don't have any idea. let me see it.

Thank U!

Round buttons and things like that can also be done in PS, you just need to create 3 images, one for each state of the button, i.e Normal, MouseOver, Pushed.
But if you fancy the GDI+ route at all here's a link to a thread where i created a small demo on how to create an L.E.D type button.....

http://www.vbdotnetforums.com/showthread.php?t=10545&highlight=blake81

I have a VB.Net book that shows how to make the entire form a
(a mathematical what ja call it ) - something that's not square
or rectangle - For example a circle -

Let me know if you want more details..and I will do my best to find
it.

You can make the form any shape you like with just a few lines of code. All you need it the shape you want the form to be and assign it to the forms protected region property. Here's a link to a thread that i posted with a demo on how to use it.

http://www.vbdotnetforums.com/showthread.php?t=9916

Back