Need help with a specific WinForm GUI simulation design?

schematicsman

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi, everyone I would like to know how I would go about in detail on the design and program in vb.net , a GUI application that will simulate panels with switches and knobs like attachments bellow :

So any help will be appreciated :)

Attachments

• front sim panels.jpg
    front sim panels.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Simulated VU Meter.png
    Simulated VU Meter.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 12
  • KMA28.JPG
    KMA28.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 12
You need to read up on custom control design, or look for third-party controls that do what you want. Apart from that, it's the same as any other WinForms app. For instance, if you design a gauge control then it will have a numeric property to contain the value represented by the gauge. You use that property just like you would the Value of a NumericUpDown.

Hi, thanks
i would like know how to do something simple in vb.net GDI + using picture box’s or other way for better graphics that doesn’t slow the animated graphics in vb like the front sims panel example, if you know what I mean ?
Please help on where and how to start in the design GUI ???

How to start is to learn the basics of GDI+. Forget what you specifically want to do here. Learn the generalities first. Once you understand the principles, then you can apply them to your specific scenario. Don't just look for code to produce the result you want. Learn how to write code that does what you want.

Back