force system to point to txtbox ?

queenannsrev

Programming Experience
Beginner
I need to force system to point to a txtbox to recieve values after a badge swipe ?

when the Web page loads the employee is asked to swipe his/her badge.
I need to get the information into a txt box. the routien for the swipe is complete but I have been told to create a Function called from the page load to force system to point to txtbox that recieves the badge swipe. I have no clue where to start. Other than to make a function

{Public Function forcetotxtbox (txtswipe as textbox}

from there I am lost if not lost before then.

thanks for any help possible.

Last edited:
You have a few issues here. When you say "page" it sounds like you're talking about WebForms, i.e. ASP.NET, because you're building Web pages. If you're talking about a Windows application the you should say "form" to avoid confusion. The other problem is you haven't specified which version of VB you're using. If you are creating a WinForms app then the solution will be different in .NET 1.x and .NET 2.0. Please set the Primary Platform in your profile and then only have to specify your version if it's different to that.

also if youre asking about ASP.NET vb web page problems, youre in the worng area of the forum.. theres a whole section for ASP.NET, and youre currently in the VB.NET (windows forms) area of the forum. ask a moderator to move your thread if youre in the wrong place, rather than start anew thread

Back