Firefox and Click Events

Steph

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi! (And Help!)

I have a multiple "page" application form on my website. It's actually a single aspx page that utilizes 9 panels that I make visible or not visible as needed. I'm using a single "Continue" button that uses this code in its click event to move "forward" in the site....

<code>
ShowPage(Integer.Parse(ViewState("CurrentPage").ToString()) + 1)
</code>

Then, I've created a Select Case block that sets each panel to visible or not visible when the "Continue" button is clicked.

This works PERFECTLY in IE. However, in Firefox, the Continue button works once (to make panel1 invisible and panel2 visible) then completely stops working. When you mouse over the Continue button from panel2, it's like it's a static image...the mouse doesn't change to the hand. The Continue button is outside of the code for the panels.

I chose to build my multi-page application this way to make all the information submitted on each panel easily accessible to write to a database when the submit button is clicked from the final panel. (Rather than try to maintain a LOT of information from page to page to page to page in a viewstate.)

Is there a work-around for this for Firefox? Can someone tell me why my Continue button only works once in Firefox? I don't even understand what's happening to begin to know how to fix this!

* As a note, I already have code in my web.config that specifies Firefox as an uplevel browser. Everything else on my page works nicely. Even the formatting of the panels.

Thanks in advance for all help!

~Steph

PS - I can post full code if necessary.

The Accessibility forum relates to the Accessibility features of Windows for the hearing-impaired, visually-impaired, etc. This thread has been moved to a more suitable forum.

Back