Question fingerprinting application development

crazycat503

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,

I have Microsoft Fingerprinting reader and want to develop a simple login system using it. I have seen sdk's with sample projects but they are not well documented and hard to follow. And they don't seem to be recognized (the dll ) by .net 2010 as well.

Can someone guide me on how to do it? I have no clue about this things and i am sure it is not simple.

Riiight. Dude, I highly doubt you're going to be able to code a fingerprinting system. I mean, erm, I can explain the theory behind the way it works? and That might get you one step closer.

Idea is simple. There are certain structures on your hand that will yield a different number with every person. Collect enough of these
numbers from the structures on someone's finger and you can develop an ID number for one person. Someone scans the thumb, and you compare this number combination to a database, to find the user. I dont know if you already know that x) Just trying to help anyway I can.

Riiight. Dude, I highly doubt you're going to be able to code a fingerprinting system. I mean, erm, I can explain the theory behind the way it works? and That might get you one step closer.

Idea is simple. There are certain structures on your hand that will yield a different number with every person. Collect enough of these
numbers from the structures on someone's finger and you can develop an ID number for one person. Someone scans the thumb, and you compare this number combination to a database, to find the user. I dont know if you already know that x) Just trying to help anyway I can.

To clarify whats said above here is a picture that shows what happens when you insert a finger to the fingerprint reader.
http://www.identimetrics.net/images/presentation.jpg

presentation.jpg

Hi,

Thanks so much for your help. I have solved it gracefully and it worked like a charm a while ago. But the image you sent me still helpful. Thanks!

Back