Favorite Charting Component?

Administrator

VB.NET Forum Admin
Programming Experience
10+
What's your favorite? There are so many out now. ChartFX, Dundas, Infragistics, Xceed, soon Data Dynamics will have theirs "sharpGraph" and so many more! I've always been impressed with Software FX's Chart FX, but Dundas is catching my eye as well. Any preference for charting components?

Graphics Server Technologies

Check out the charting component from Graphics Server. They are about to release their 2.5 version and boy have they come a long way. A very excellent control. As a bonus the 2.5 version also has gauges, meters, sliders and other cool devices for the same price.

www.GraphicsServer.com

I'm getting ready to do a project with ChartFX but have my eyes set on Dundas's latest as well. Both are impressive to say the least!

Chart suites...

Hey,

This is no question. Dundas is the best, unfortunately, also one of the most expensive. Combine their charts with their new Gauge and Diagram. Nobody can beat that!

Greetings,
Sigurd

P.S.: ChartFX Lite is free I think.

Compare ChartFX and Dundas

Hey,

Yes, I've tested them both. I found Binding ChartFX to data more difficult compared to Dundas. Also, Dundas has an 'easier' model to understand, although Dundas is more powerfull in many ways. It just took me longer to understand and learn ChartFX than Dundas.

As a experienced beta tester for different component suppliers, I recognize a good design very quickly, and Dundas has a very good design :)

Greetings,
Sigurd

Check out the Nevron Chart

I did a comparison between ChartFX, Dundas and Nevron charts and I think that Nevron produces much nicers charts than its outrageously priced competitors - and it is much faster.

Nevron is also the only chart I found, which does quality 3D. As far as design is concerned I think that their design is even better than the design of Dundas (ChartFX excluded from comparison for this point :).

The only drawback I found is that they are not popular yet, but hey I am their fan anyway :)

Cheers,
Crank

Does anyone use a charting tool to export images to tif or bmp files? I am using software fx and its a bit slow. I was wondering if Dundas would be faster.

Back