Editing a pdf , or simply placing text over the right areas of pdf

linux987

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello. I'm planning on learning some vb.net in my personal life, but I'd like to create something for work to simplify a form we have to fill out. I'm just looking for someone who might explain how logically I would do this, or what tools I might need to use. We have a long pdf that has editable fields that we have to fill out for certain orders. It takes a while to fill this out just based on the length of it, and we don't need to fill out all the fields, just certain ones.

How might I go about creating a program that is simply a form with fields that a user can easily tab down from and type into and enter only the necessary information. The program would then either edit the pdf in the right fields and print it, or through some mechanism just overlay the text into the right areas and print those on top of the pdf in the right areas. However, in this scenario I would want it to print the form and the text in one go, not have the user need to put a blank printed pdf in the printer bypass tray.

Is this possible? Is vb.net a good tool for this? Can you steer me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Back