displaying animated gifs

skaryChinezeGuie

Programming Experience
Beginner
i made an animated gif that i want to display. A picturebox will only display the first frame. Changing formats isn't a problem so if anyone has an idea that requires a video format i could do that too.:D

This is just one solution - I just create a mywebpage.htm with the animated gif/gifs appropriately centered & placed in tables, whatever.

Then create and size a webbrowser control on your form and navigate to mywebpage.htm on form load. Animated gif animates correctly with no strange behaviour...Works great for me...

Last edited:
Nice one vis781. My label does not stretch and zoom to the animgif size and I'm unable to clear the text. Any wisdom ?

Last edited:
No it won't stretch or zoom i'm afraid, the gif will be the size it was when it was created. As for the text? what do you mean? The text of the gif i presume?

Ultrawhack, clear the Text property of Label and set AutoSize property to False, now text is gone and you may resize the label to the exact size of image.

i use picturebox's to display animated images on forms, you may want to check with the image software you used to make the animated gif, it might not be standard

i used adobe photoshop 7 and i was wanting to just put it in an image list but it didn't work. and i didn't want to set the default image of the picbox to display it.

Back