DirectX Media Player Alpha Beta

Riot550

Programming Experience
3-5
This is a DirectX Media Player that i have been puting together for the last few days and finaly got it to a stage where its ready for some testing by others im aware of some of the bugs like:

Song length counter counts in seconds
Change volume when nothing is playing it crashes

Iv been coding this in VB.Net with the DirectX references added its been coded under the Windows XP enviroment so its DX9 but it should work with DX10 aswell.

Iv been having probblems getting this to work for some ppl so im releasing 2 version today the exe version and the installer version. so far iv had 0% sucsess getting the installer version to work on anyone else's PC but mine but iv had 1 person able to get the exe version working.

Please i need ppls help as im trying to improve my VB.Net coding so i can get a job at this place that only turned me down last time i applied because i failed the VB.Net test.

Download what ever version you want tell me if you can get it working or not if you can mess about with it for a while see if you can find some bugs that i don't all ready know about.

Links to files ******removed******

Note with the exe version i think you have to keep all the files together for it to work make sure to extract both versions befor you try to run them tho otherwise they wont work.

features:

Can use a mouse scroll wheel to fast forward or rewind a track that is playing.
Full volume scale -10000 to 0
Pause will start playing again if play is pressed or pause is pressed again

I've removed the links, post code /upload source if you want feedback or ask about specifics. This is not a place to advertize your compiled programs, even if they are not finished. There are places like PlanetSourceCode and shareware/freeware sites and such for that. This particular forum, Testing, Debugging etc, is not for having people testing your half done programs but for discussion about testing and debugging methods in general and for specific requests for these topics in relations to VB.Net development. Your most likely target if you want to ask about DX developement and code is the Graphics forum here, though I've seen little activity there about DX, more specialized DX forums may be better for this.

I don't poticly want to release the sourse code for this as when i was making a game in VB.net i did more or less the same thing iv done now and someone asked me to upload sourse code. So i did about a week later i saw my game being advatised on the same forums i posted the beta on someone had nabed my sourse code and compleated it befor i did. He got all the credit for it and i was extreemly annoyed im now permimently banned from them forums. Im not letting the same thing happen with this project even tho when its released it will be free for download like my game was guna be i don't want some ******* stealing my idears again and getting all the credit for it.

Back