Question DEPLOYE PROJECT TO EXE -WITHOUT .RPT FILE

You don't deploy a project to an EXE. You compile a project to an EXE and then you deploy the EXE.

If your question is about printing reports then it's not about deployment, so it doesn't belong in the Deployment forum. Moved.

How you go about printing reports depends on the reporting tool you're using. If the tool you're using requires an RPT then you have no choice but to deploy the RPT with your application. If it doesn't then the documentation for the tool will explain that and what it does require. If your actual aim is to be able to deploy an EXE alone and no additional files, which you never actually stated, then one option that some people use is to embed the other file(s) as a resource in the EXE. You can then extract the resource and save it as a file at run time, use it and then delete it. This may not be feasible as various security software will see this as suspicious activity and prevent it.

If your app is using a database, it is possible to save the file in the database. I did this with Crystal Reports RPT files with MSSQL server. I had to recreate the RPT file so that the code could use it and then after the user was finished with the report, I deleted the report file.

Back