Crystal Reports - Unwanted Database Login

ccdog

Programming Experience
1-3
I have created a .rpt in VS.net 2003 for use with an application developed in VB.net. I am using a project dataset as the data source for my .rpt, so I do not expect there to be a forced Database login.

However, on certain pc's, when I pass the report to my form with the CR Viewer, and I "ShowDialog" the form, I get a Database Login window. When I run the app on my system and several other systems in my office, it runs fine with no Database Login. But when I run it on a couple of other systems, it comes up with a Dabase Login window that I do not expect.

Here's how the app basically works. The application fetches data from and IBM iSeries server through .dll developed with 3rd party .net development software. It then fills a dataset (defined with XSD) with the data to be used for my report. It then uses the dataset as the DataSource for my .rpt. Then, it passes the .rpt to a form with a CR viewer, and that form displays the report. On some systems, this works fine, no problem. On other systems, it pops up the Database Login, and does not show the report. This is a problem, because there is no actual database to login to at this point. The "database" is just the local dataset in memory.

Please help!!!

Back