Crystal Report, ADODB, Register Class Error

ashrafzia

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am using vb.net 2003. I have created a setup for my application. Everything is fine but the report is not viewing n it is giving me an error which is :

cannot find keycodeV2.dll or invalid keycode

How can i remove this error? i have also copied the keycodeV2.dll file and pasted it in the same folder but doesn't work. After all i have copied the full directory of the file i-e Program files\common\crystal decisions\1.0\bin etc.... and pasted it in the same way in other computer but again doesn't work.

Sometimes i also got an error with the ADODB which is :

File or Assembly name ADODB, or one of its dependencies was not found

How to properly remove this error n how to create your own messages to be displayed instead of those messages. Simply how to manage error handling?

And the last error, after the ADODB that i faced was:

Class Not Registered

So, how to register class?

I am newbie in creating setup files for my application. I have a book Mastering Vb.net but nothing special is given on how to remove these kind of technical errors.

I would be very thankful for your help in advance.

I had the same problem a few months ago. When you first use Crystal Report, you are being asked to register online then you receive an email with your key.

You input that key when you use the Crystal Report designer again.

The problem is that you also need to specify this key in the Setup and I don't remember where but it's the cause of your "invalid keycode" message.

Back