Question Copy Project To Network Location

ss7thirty

Programming Experience
5-10
Fellow Programmers,

I developed a project locally on my machine. I then copy this project to a network location and then added to source safe. I have a reference to Excel which references C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE .

When another developer opens this on his machine the project gives errors. What could I have done differently here to make sure it works on all machines?

I build the EXE and run it on a different server and it runs fine. I also can develop on my machine check in and check out and it works fine. But when another computer opens this solution there are errors complaining that it cannot find the reference. I copied from my documents directly to the network perhaps there is still some reference to that location how can I reset that?

At this point I have about 10 projects that all have this same issue. What do you think the best way to go about correcting this is without having to recreate all the projects and I have made sure that the files being referenced exist on his machine which kind of confuses me, but perhaps like I said there is still some reference to my documents that did not reset when I copied to the network location.

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited:
I don't understand why you copied the projects to the network location in the first place. Why couldn't you just add them to SourceSafe from your own machine?

People are getting a local copy from SourceSafe and not all working on that same network version, aren't they?

Back