Programming Experience
Beginner
hi how r u all? i m new member of this forum
i want components of vb.net
to complete my presentation
can anybody plz give me components of vb.net
its urgent plz help me
thank u bye bye

Well, what kind of components do you want? There are literaly thousands of different compoents out there. Some of them are similar (I can think of at least 5 different types of grids and a dozen text boxes), others are more specialized. So it all just depends on what you are looking for.

-tg

i want only main components and some discribtion of components of vb.net.
.NET FRAMEWORK BASE CLASSES
NAMESPACES, ASSEMBLIES, CLR

Right, sounds to me that you don't really get what a component is or what the .Net Framework is, and that is probably why you're asking the question right?

1. Namespaces : These are not components, they are a closed set of names or a place where a schema (set of names) is stored. Namespaces are identified via a URI (for example, a URL) and are a mechanism to resolve naming conflicts. Within a given namespace all names must be unique, although the same name may be used with a different meaning in a different namespace.

2. Base class libraries: These are the Base Class Libraries:) They contain namespaces. Here's a few of the more common ones and a brief description....
  • Microsoft.CSharp contains classes that support compilation and code generation using the C# language.
  • Microsoft.JScript contains classes that support compilation and code generation using the JScript language.
  • Microsoft.VisualBasic contains classes that support compilation and code generation using the Visual Basic language.
  • System contains fundamental classes and base classes dealing with primitive datatypes, events and event handlers, interfaces, attributes and mathematical manipulations, etc.
  • System.IO contains classes for basic data-stream access and management, including file I/O, buffering, and so on.
  • System.Reflection contains classes and interfaces to access type metadata and dynamic creation and invocation of types.
  • System.Runtime.InteropServices contains classes for interoperability with COM and other unmanaged code.
  • System.Runtime.Remoting contains classes for creating and configuring distributed applications.
  • System.Net contains classes related to network programming (request/response, sockets, and so on).
  • System.Security contains classes dealing with permissions, cryptography, etc.
  • System.Windows.Forms contains classes for creating traditional Windows-based applications.
  • System.Web contains classes for developing web applications, including ASP.NET.
  • System.Web.Services contains classes that enable you to develop and consume SOAP-based web services.
  • System.Data contains classes for all database-related operations.
  • System.Data.OleDb contains classes that support the OLE DB .NET data provider.
  • System.Data.SqlClient contains classes that support the SQL Server .NET data provider.
  • System.XML contains classes for creating and processing XML documents.
  • System.Collections contains classes for collections of objects such as ArrayList, Queue, and SortedList.
  • System.Threading contains classes and interfaces that enable multithreaded programming (Mutex, Thread, and Timeout).
  • System.Drawing contains classes for rich two-dimensional graphics functionality and access to GDI+ functionality.
  • System.Drawing.Drawing2D provides advanced two-dimensional and vector graphics functionality.
  • System.Drawing.Imaging provides advanced GDI+ imaging functionality.
  • System.Drawing.Printing contains classes that allow you to customize printing.
  • System.Drawing.Text provides advanced GDI+ typography functionality
3. The CLR: The core runtime engine in the Microsoft .NET Framework for executing applications. The common language runtime supplies managed code with services such as cross-language integration, code access security, object lifetime management, resouce management, type safety, pre-emptive threading, metadata services (type reflection), and debugging and profiling support.

4: Assemblies: An assembly is the primary building block of a .NET Framework application. It is a collection of functionality that is built, versioned, and deployed as a single implementation unit (as one or more files). All managed types and resources are marked either as accessible only within their implementation unit, or as accessible by code outside that unit.

Assemblies are self-describing by means of their manifest, which is an integral part of every assembly. The manifest:

Establishes the assembly identity (in the form of a text name), version, culture, and digital signature (if the assembly is to be shared across applications).
Defines what files (by name and file hash) make up the assembly implementation.
Specifies the types and resources that make up the assembly, including which are exported from the assembly.
Itemizes the compile-time dependencies on other assemblies.
Specifies the set of permissions required for the assembly to run properly.
This information is used at run time to resolve references, enforce version binding policy, and validate the integrity of loaded assemblies. The runtime can determine and locate the assembly for any running object, since every type is loaded in the context of an assembly. Assemblies are also the unit at which code access security permissions are applied. The identity evidence for each assembly is considered separately when determining what permissions to grant the code it contains.

The self-describing nature of assemblies also helps makes zero-impact install and XCOPY deployment feasible.

hiii

hi. thankx for ur reply. actually i m little bit confused coz i dont know .net or vb.net yet
i will study abt vb.net after november in my third semester.
but now i have to submit a presentation of vb.net
so can u plz help me in my presentation
in powerpoint i already add these things
what is .net?
what is vb.net?
features of vb.net?
advantages of vb.net?
and last is conclusion.

but i also want to add components of vb.net
so can u plz give me components of vb.net in brief so that i can add 2more slides of components in powerpoint presentation.
thank u

Back