Can't Debug File-system website

Kane Jeeves

Programming Experience
5-10
VS2005/ASP.NET2.0/XPPro - Trying to debug a file-system website (not project - i.e. no proj file) locally. All my code is from an existing site that WAS an HTTP site that I had no debug problems with this morning - so all the usual debug settings, etc are in place. And breakpoints are in places that execute.

Any ideas? The only thing that changed is it's running using the asp.net dev server, not IIS (all on my local PC). My user account has Admin access to my machine. Lowered security on Local Intranet. Added localhost to Trusted Sites.

Do websites (with code-behinds but no .proj file) not allow debugging for file-system sites?

Thanks!

Found the problem

Found the issue. Buried in masterpage code on our sign in page we have code that captures the server path to contruct the url the user was going to so we can redirect after sign in. We capture server_path only, not port. So the reconstructed URL didn't include the port # that the asp.net dev server appends. So in effect my breakpoint on home.aspx in filesystem wasn't even being hit, since my old home.aspx under IIS/http site was being served up.

Back