Best way to send messages to a remote computer queue?

furiousferret

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello Everyone,

I'm working with an application, and originally I planned on going the MSMQ route, I'm not 100% positive this is what I need to do.

- The application is connected remotely and does not have a constant connection to the server. (It is technically a client application)

-The messages will be accessed by the user pressing a button to read each message.

- It will recieve various types of messages (i.e. I will have to parse the data and categorize it before it enters the queue) some of which will display immediately without the user

-The messages will sort by priority and will be stored in some type of database (xml?, .mdb?), even after reciept.

I'm not entirely too sure I understand the makeup of MSMQ, it seems (correct me if I'm wrong) you have to use a Microsoft Specific Queue, you have to enable IIS, and it seems to act differently to XP and 2000.

Would it be easier for me to create my own database and message queueing functionality or is MSMQ sufficient for this purpose? I know I'm being very general on this but I dont want to write hundreds of lines of codes just to scrap it.

Thanks in advance.

Back