Question Is a GobalSuppression.vb file usefull

aaaron

Programming Experience
10+
I have an .editorconfig as a solution items level file, which seems to do all I need.
I also have a GobalSuppression.vb file at that level.
It's empty.

Do I need it?

I've been suppressing unwanted error messages by editing .editorconfig, is that a correct way to suppress?

Is one of theses files used if I select to suppress by selecting to have the suppression use Suppression File? I did that and don't know where the suppression got filed.

I don't know the answer to your question but, as far as finding where such changes are made, that's one thing that source control can help with. If you select an error to be suppressed via a file and it involves creating or changing a file under source control, your provider will show you the change. That saiid, something like that might use a file that is not under source control and only for use on the local machine, so it may not help in the end anyway.

I searchedfor information on Source Control in VS2022 and it looks like I've got a some reading to do. Looks like a good thing to know about.

I would appreciate one bit of info from you now:

Is using .editorconfig a good way to go?

It ssems to work for me, it's just that I have to edit it using notepad to add a suppression.

Last edited:
Back