best book for VB.NET

jackgreat

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello Everyone,
I am a Visual Basic 6 programmer. I finished my masters degree in IT and found out that .NET is what rules now. I was always into vb6 and didnt learn .net yet.

I was told that C# is great new language and i have been reading book Begining Visual C# 2005 for last one - 2 months. Though the book is good and i did learn several things about new lang C#, i recently got a medium size project which i have to develope in .NET.

I though if i develope it in c# it will take a lot of time. Since i am a vb6 programmer i think i should start with VB.NET.

So i hope i made the right decision???

Moreover can anyone suggest me great books for Visual Basic 2005.

The 2 books which i have in mind is -

1. Begining Visual Basic 2005
2. Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 step by step

Can anyone recommend me a great book for vb6 developer to goto vb.net.

Thanks,
JG

http://www.sybex.com/WileyCDA/SybexTitle/productCd-0782143490,navId-290545.html

You will not regret if you buy this book. Evangelos Petroutsos is the best instructor that you can find (well it's from my experience maybe the other will not agree with me) :) ... but you can check some other titles too.
Check Apress.com ... they also offer good books. but, note that you can't learn much from books (they are good for start only - when you don't know how to start something) ... forums like this are priceless programming resource as well as some other kind of comminuties.

Wellcome to the forum ;)

Back