Automated "Simon Game" Player

DoktorD1313

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi there everyone,

What I'm trying to go is create a program that will automatically play the classic "Simon" game that will be run by another program.

Basically, the game will display four circle outlines and will fill them one at a time in a pattern.
Simon.jpg

I want this program to monitor the area of the game for changes and record them so it can reproduce the pattern on its turn...

I found this thread very helpful. I should be able to use this method because the images of the filled circles will be the same every time, so I can just compare them to a saved .bmp.

The part I need some help on is how to get my program to constantly monitor the selected area. Because it will be changing the filled circle, I cant just have my program scan the image once.. It has to be constantly monitored for the change. I'm open to pretty much any ideas on how I can make that happen.

If I've been unclear at all about what I want to happen, let me know and I'll try to clarify anything that I've been fuzzy on.

Thanks!

I think your making it hard on your self ... I would make each circle its own picture box and just store the order and number of times the picturebox was clicked in the click event

Well the thing is, the "simon" game itself is not my program. The program I'm trying to create won't be responding to mouse clicks from a human player, it will be responding to a program controlled player. So theres nothing to read other than the images on the screen. Thats my big problem.

Back