An item with the same key has already been added

MartinaL

Programming Experience
1-3
I am trying to add a data table to my dataset in Visual Studio.

I run through the wizard and add the new Oracle ODBC connection and then when I get to the screen to select either "Use SQL Statements" or "Use existing stored procedure", if I select to use SQl statements I can add one and it works fine, but if I chose to use an existing stored procedure I get the error "An item with the same key has already been added" and I can't go any further. I don't even get to the next screen to select the stored procedure?

After some investigation I think I may have found where the problem is coming from but I don't know how to fix it.

I have added two connections to the Oracle database to the Server Explorer in Visual studio, 1 is an ODBC and the other and Oracle connection (the ODBC is the one that won't let me add a table adapter in the dataset, but this is our standard so I need to use this).

Well when I look at the list of procedures under the ODBC connection they are all cut off and look like they have the same name, which may be the cause of the "Item has already been added" error.

mmmyes.. or the procedure has an error, or one of the parameters is a reserved word,,

Youre forced to use ODBC huh? Oh dear.. WOuld anyone care if you used a real driver? Would they even notice

Er. How about proxying all your stored procedures? Write two more sprocs with unique short names and have them call the originals.. see if that works

Back