3d game programming with VB .net

firstdayoftheweek

Programming Experience
10+
Hey everyone ,

Sorry if this is the wrong board I didn't see a game programming specific board.

I used to be a very avid game developer with vb .net and direct x. I was deeply entrenched into managed DX and got very far into making a full working engine based off DX9 however years ago microsoft decided against supporting managed direct x. Well this left my project in ruins and I started looking around for other ways I played around with slim dx , looked into managed ogre and other wrappers and none suited my needs. However I have found one that was straight foward and easy enough to use to get my desire about 3d game programming flowing again. It is the Dark GDK .net

This simply is a wrapper set built around direct x however it has done most of the plumbing work for you and you don't have to worry about the math and other things as much. Which leave you time to focus on game development. I have been working on a set of guides for using this GDK. I hope to get a bigger fan base for it and thus bring in more support and revitalize the 3d game programming hope for VB developers.

Anyways here are some links.

Here is where you can get Dark GDK .net
Net - Dark GDK - The Game Creators

I really think this thing will take off and have been pushing it hard also if you want to find some samples to get you started making your own games here is a
link to a post which I have several examples available for download and links to some videos I made covering each topic.

The Game Creators - Forum - View Thread

Anyways I think is the way to go for VB developers tell me what you think :>

Cheers

Back