Question windows form (please help)

dominic.hibt

Programming Experience
Beginner
hello all,

i just learnt vb.net, and i still misunderstand about the multiple choice question? please expland that

You are customizing a windows form. You need to add an input control that provides autocomplete suggestions to the user as the user types. which two controls can you use to achieve this goal? (Each correct answer presents a complete solution. Choose two)
a. textbox control set to single line mode
b. textbox control set the multiline mode
c. combobox control
d. richtextbox control
e. maskedtextbox control

please help me to understand that.

cheers

DOMINIC

Start with TextBox class, look it up in help. You'd think that there would be a property to turn on autocomplete if the control supports it, and there is: AutoCompleteMode property. How about multiline? Yes, there is a Multiline property, and it actually also explains about the effect on autocomplete. Now you know about a and b. Then you can look up c-e, or if you believe in consistency you can try searching for 'AutoCompleteMode property' and see which classes has it. Either way, you should fairly quickly be able to locate the information you need to answer that question. Online documentation is here: MSDN Library

Cheers JohnH, i just read through all the information u just gave it to me, quite understand. But still do not know clearly about c-e. to be honest, my english is not good enough to understand everthing by english. so thats a problem for me. But anyway, the answer more closer with that question is a-b.

thanks

No, it's not a & b. The documentation that JohnH directed you too explicitly states:
AutoCompleteSource does not work on multiline TextBox controls.
So, have you read the documentation for the other three controls mentioned? That will tell you which one(s) supports auto-complete.

Latest posts

Back