Will there ever be a free ide like Vb.net for android development?

TALSOFT

Programming Experience
5-10
Or could we code one in VB.NET?

What is Android?

Android is a software stack for mobile devices that includes an operating system, middleware and key applications. The Android SDK provides the tools and APIs necessary to begin developing applications on the Android platform using the Java programming language.
So I'd say 'no' and 'no' to those questions in regard to VB and .Net development.

It is possible to write code for android in C or C++ using the NDK (Source)
It's also possible to write scripts (e.g. Python) using the Android Scripting Environment (Source)
And of course there's Java.

However, I suspect that VB and .net will indeed remain no. That's primarily because of Microsoft's own ambitions. They have their own smart phone system (Windows Phone) to promote, and don't want to make it any easier than it already is to support a competitor.

I suspect that this is way too late a response for you.

I've developed a few Android apps in B4A(Basic 4 Android), it's not free but its developed by a software developer who has created a 24,000+ community of developers using this package to create great Android apps. Lots is these apps are in Play Market.

Once B4A code is compiled, the speed of the native is about 99% that of the speed if it was created in Eclipse.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

Back