Where is IsInitializing property?

Chuck Tucker

Programming Experience
10+
Upon converting a VB 6.0 app to VB.net I find several comments warning that an event may fire when the form is initialized. The Help file says to add an IsInitializing property to the form and then set it to True in the form's constructor just prior to the InitializeComponent call. However, I don't find any IsInitializing property listed in the form's properties, and I don't find an InitializeComponent call anywhere in my converted code.

I'm still a raw beginner with VB.Net, so I'm sure I must be missing something. Any suggestions as to how to implement this suggestion?

there should be something like [+] Windows Form Designer generated code. it is a region where the generated code is placed. expand it and it should display the InitializeComponent() function. hope this helps...

Still missing something

OK, I found the InitializeComponent call as suggested. However, the help file says to "Add an IsInitializing property to the form." I examined the form's property window, and there is no property named IsInitializing. Is there some method for adding a property to a form? The Help file wasn't much help here.

Back