Question What is the Font for receipt usually ?

capedech

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,
I am really confuse right now.
I am making an application for retail shop (POS), I am using an EPSON printer TM-U220. It's a dot matrix printer.
These days, I collected some receipt from other store as samples.
I count the columns, most of them have 40 columns.

I've tried every font that my computer has with font size 9 and 10, but none of them can reach 40 columns.
And some of the words of the fonts that I tried with font size 9 become hard to read.
Is it because my printer only has 9 pins ?

Some of the receipts that I collected, have a really thin but long words, I wonder how they do that ??
example :
See : http://www.sunshinesupport.com/Images/receipt_example.jpg
"TOTAL" and "BALANCE DUE" words, have a thin but long words.
But with that thin but long words, it still can reach until 40 columns.

Please help me.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

J Trahair

Programming Experience
10+
You may find that the Epson has its own fonts built in. I know the Epson TM-T88 IV does, eg. A11, A12 etc. If you can use the built in fonts, it prints very fast.

capedech

Programming Experience
Beginner
You may find that the Epson has its own fonts built in. I know the Epson TM-T88 IV does, eg. A11, A12 etc. If you can use the built in fonts, it prints very fast.
Hi Trahair,
Where can I find the Epson fonts ?
Is it in the CD ?

capedech

Programming Experience
Beginner
Epson TM-U220 Receipt Printer's Problem

Hi,
Right now, I am making a small POS application using Vb.Net for my father's store. I just bought Epson Printer TM-U220D. The printer's working perfectly.
But, I have a problem with the font.
I've tried every fonts that Windows has with font size 9 and 10, but all of them can't reach 40 columns per line. I saw other store's receipt that using Epson TM-U220 series printer has 40 columns per line.
Please tell me what font and what size that this printer usually used ?
I heard that this printer has it own font, is that true? If that's true, where can I find it? Is it in the CD ? And what is the name of the font?
Please help me, I don't know where else to ask.
Or could u give me the correct links to ask this question.
Any information will do.

I have 1 more question.
As u can see from the picture that I attached, the words "Your Company", "Totals", and "Balance Due" have this but tall font, but still can reach 40 columns per line.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Top Bottom