Webbrowser control w/autocomplete?

shawne

Programming Experience
10+
Anyone know if it's possible to use autocomplete with the webbrowser control, and if so...how?

Auto-complete in WebBrowser is a feature of the underlying Internet Explorer application, if that setting is turned on there it will work the same in WebBrowser control. "How to use the AutoComplete feature in Internet Explorer 5 and 6" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/217148/en-us

(Edit: I thought I saw this autocomplete working because I only tested the Hotmail login page, which remembered my address in the form field, but I realize that is not a feature of auto-complete. So you're right, the suggestion doesn't work.)

Last edited:
Dochostuiflag_enable_forms_autocomplete

Can someone give me a complete walk through on how to set the:

DOCHOSTUIFLAG_ENABLE_FORMS_AUTOCOMPLETE

flag in VB.NET 2003?

I have been all over the internet trying to figure out this one little thing and everything I seem to find is in C#. I understand I need to "implement IDocHosUIHandler" ... Thats great, but how do I do that? Like I said, need a complete walk through...Thanks!

Does not work...Tried it on several machines. There is a flag that needs to be set within the control DOCHOSTUIFLAG_ENABLE_FORMS_AUTOCOMPLETE ... If you have a walk through on how to set it, I would LOVE to here it at this point as i'm ready to pull my hair out.

hi shawne, I found some C# too that does that, maybe you can convert and work it out from the code and explainations of this article? It is very well written, I don't know I you already saw this one? But prepare you, it is a lot of work before you can set that flag.
The Code Project "Component-Based Development with Visual C#" http://www.codeproject.com/books/0764549146_8.asp

JohnH said:
hi shawne, I found some C# too that does that, maybe you can convert and work it out from the code and explainations of this article? It is very well written, I don't know I you already saw this one? But prepare you, it is a lot of work before you can set that flag.
The Code Project "Component-Based Development with Visual C#" http://www.codeproject.com/books/0764549146_8.asp

Ya, I did see that. I was hopeing to find a more simplified version, preferably in VB.NET 2003. The browser in this project has more bells and whistles than what I need.

Was going through my subscriptions and saw this one and thought i'd post my resolution. Below is a snippet of code which enables auto complete. This issue is resolved.

VB.NET:
Public Sub GetHostInfo(ByRef theHostUIInfo As DOCHOSTUIINFO) Implements IDocHostUIHandler.GetHostInfo

theHostUIInfo.dwFlags = theHostUIInfo.dwFlags Or CType(DOCHOSTUIFLAG.DOCHOSTUIFLAG_ENABLE_FORMS_AUTOCOMPLETE, Integer)

End Sub

How do I import the relevant assembly

Hi Shawn,

I've been trying to implement your solution, yet I cant get the valid assembly imported. Could you guide me as to how it can be done? Thanks

Back