Webbrowser control - access elements in network tab

hdams

Programming Experience
Beginner
[FONT=&quot]When I load a website in the .net webbrowser I can access all the elements in the HTML source code through webbrowser.document.all[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But when I load a site in chrome inspector, there is a 'network' tab which contains more files (.js,.txt. etc.) files than shown in the HTML code.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Is it possible to access the files in the network tab, in .net webbrowser?[/FONT]

A browser doesn't load a file unless the page demands it, but it could be tricky or impossible finding out what. For example javascripts can load content dynamically, one css may import other css files, a css could reference images and font files. There could be server code that you can't look into that dynamically serves content that cause browser to download more files.
The browser control does not expose the information about which requests it make to get files, that I know of. Even using a debugger like Fiddler to monitor network traffic does not show when the browser gets the file from its local cache.

Those browser files are managed by the browser itself. The files depend on what is happening on the web page. For example, the page is probably dynamic (as most are today) so the *.js file(s) might be Ajax related files (waiting for the user to do something on the page to fired an Ajax event). Why would you want to access a file like this yourself? To change it?

Back