VB.net under VS Community 2022 - missing TAB control (Google drive access for files)

lewist57

Programming Experience
10+
So the Tab control is not missing, but I do have a project with a form which has a tab control on it. I have saved the files to my Google drive to allow me to access the project files from either my desktop PC or laptop.

So when I launch the project from Google drive on the desktop PC, there is the tab control on the form. When I access the same files on Google drive from the laptop, no tab control on the form. I do see the tab control listed under explorer for the form, but it is not on the form.

Both computers are Windows 10 with VS Community 2022 17.3.6, so not sure what is causing this annoying occurrence.

What should I check for?

I have saved the files to my Google drive to allow me to access the project files from either my desktop PC or laptop.
That's the wrong way to do it. You should use a cloud-backed source control provider, e.g. Azure DevOps or GitHub. These integrate directly into VS so you can make changes on one machine, commit those changes and then pull those changes on another machine. It will achieve your aim here of sharing code on multiple machines and you'll also get all the other benefits of source control. Even beginner programmers working on their own can benefit from source control. Both the options I mentioned earlier are free and there are other options too.

Back