Web Application using Visual Studio 2005 & .NET !

jeshra_279

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi Everyone,
Can some one tell me how to create a VB.NET based application that could be used in a local server through which all the PCs are connected?
e.g. if I want to build a "Employee Record Management System" using VB and SQL Server 2005 database, and want users to work on this software installed on multiple PCs and simultaneously updating the database, then How to go ahaead with this?
I think, the software will be installed in all the PCS and SQL server Database will be on any separate PC which will act as server. I am not sure how to go ahead with this.

Any tutorials/links/refernces will be appriciated.

Thanks
RS.

You can build a ASP.NET web application using VB.NET and run it on a server which is accessiable from all the computers in your network. This way you don't have to install any application individually on each PCs.

Users can just log into the application using the browser and enter the required data.

Try w3schools.com web site for some basic knowledge of building web applications using asp.net.

Hi,
Sometime it may happen that internet is down, then my application will not run...Then for this, is there any other alternative to build such kind of application? I mean if the PCs are connected locally?

Back