Web App development in ASP.net/VB.net

razbir

Hi,
I am new to Web Development. Also am new to .Net. I have read few articles on how to start with web development. But i would like to know what are key areas one should focus to provide a robust web application.
I mean main issues that come up in web devlopment.

Razbir

You will need to know html first, then asp or javascript or vb script. some things depending on what you are trying to do may be easier to do with asp, javascript or vbscript. asp and vbscript are kind of the same but javascrpit is client side so you dont have to submit the form to get the code to execute.

For a flashy look, take a look at flash. Dont go overboard with flash because while it may look good, it can cause users to become irriated with your site and leave. but to sum it up do a google search on these

html, asp, javascript, vbscript, css(casacading style sheets), flash, depending on the site you will need to hit a database wheater its sql server or access or anything else. That should get you started.

Clien side means that code executes on clien computer. It does not sent info on server nor does server returns anything. The only problem is that clien side code is easy to steal, but then again what isn't easy to steal!

You shouls start building some web app right noe because the best way to learn is by making app.

rseyo

Thanks for your reply.

actually i am building one right now. its www.rseyo.com. its a web page portfolio so that when i want to apply for a job i could show them examples. can you give me any good ideas. I use vb before but it was quite a while and now in the process of studying visual studio asp.net / vb.net.
thanks again

I think one of the important things to learn is how to interact with a SQL server as it gives you more power for working with data.

Back