WCF, transferring strange strings

lordofduct

Programming Experience
3-5
So I'm writing a WCF service right now and all is not well when dealing with a specific scenario pertaining to strings.

Now the service I am writing syncs with a database that uses some strange characters to store multi dimensional data.

Most notably

Chr(255)
Chr(254)
Chr(253)

these represent dynamic array delimeters on the database. Each entry on the database though can just be treated as a large string as well and you can store data and the sort in it very quickly and easily. In it there is stored text documents like XML and other things. Thing is these characters are strune about the text files and they need to remain in it for transfer back to the client (the client knows what to do with them).

WCF doesn't though, anytime I transfer back xml strings that are broken up by these characters in places... the service just quits out and my application freezes.

Is there a way I should be encoding these strings? I've tried URLencoding them thinking WCF was seeing the SOAP objects as malformed xml, but that just introduced more errors.

doh, nevermind, nothing to do with the characters

string was to long (I thought I had my max length larger then it actually was... durn).

Back